Wrapping up June

 Well, friends, another two weeks have passed and much more crafting has happened.  Let's see what's been in the works.

  1. The Miss BB sweater is going well.  I finished the right front and started the sleeves, which I'm doing two at a time.  This has been a lot of fun.  Such a luxury to use my own handspun.  I think I'm going to make it a rule that when I finish with a handspun project I should knit with it immediately.  The thought of handspun languishing in my stash (and there's quite a bit) is just tragic.
  2. The Hue Shift afghan has only gotten a little love, having been displaced by other projects.  I did work on it in the past two weeks though.
  3. The Lizard Ridge socks got some work done too.  I'm past the heel marker on the first sock (these will have afterthought heels.
  4. The New Year's socks are coming along slowly but surely, the leg of the second sock is almost four inches long.
  5. And finally, I started another new/old spinning project (oops).  I had loaned my sheep spindle to a friend and given her a braid of corriedale roving I dyed in various greens because she was interested in spinning a while back.  She returned both recently, saying she didn't have time to try it out, so I did the logical thing and started spinning on it myself.  I forgot how beautifully that spindle works.  I'm doing chain ply on the fly with this project for practice and instant gratification.  
Nothing more to report at the moment.  I've been sewing on a new chemise for my SCA wardrobe, but I'm still trying to fit in other crafts too.  Here's a picture of the finished sweater parts and a photobombing cat.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!