WiP Wednesday #4

I've made some good progress since the last time I shared my projects in progress, and I even took the time to take decent photos this week, or at least better than the phone pics from a couple weeks ago.  You can click on the photos for a larger view if you like!

The Targee wool from Crown Mountain Farms is coming along nicely.  This bobbin plus the ball of unspun roving is the first half of the 4 oz I got.  I haven't focused much on spinning since I'm currently on a knitting deadline, but once in a while when my hands/wrists are too sore to knit I get out the wheel for a relaxing spin.


The kilt hose have come a long way since the last time I shared them too!  I've included a picture of the chart I made as well.  The pattern is from the much-sought Knitting Scottish Kilt Hose and Hiking Socks by Joanne Gibson Hinmon.  The book is really popular, but honestly I'm not sure why.  There are no charts, the patterns are full of typos, and the hose are made in a very counter-intuitive way.  This pattern was originally written top-down, with the legs knitted flat and then seamed up after you finish the fiddly business of picking up and knitting the feet in the round.  Being a pragmatic knitter prone to bouts of creativity and always sure I can reverse-engineer an easier way to do things, I converted the pattern, first to be made top-down in the round, then toe-up two-at-a-time in the round.  There are no seams, and with toe-up one could even try the hose on.  I made the chart using knitchart, and one of the benefits of knitting from the opposite end is that it only requires flipping the chart upside down! 


This sort of thing makes me feel like a Very Clever Lady, which usually ends with me in tears at 2 in the morning ripping out yet another ridiculous knitting experiment, but this time things are going very well!  Come join the fun and see what other Idahoans are making by clicking the button below.


Idaho Etsy Team

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!