WiP Wednesday #3

It's that time again, WiP Wednesday, where I show off the things I'm working on.  I've got crummy pictures this week because i used my phone, but I wanted to make sure I had something to share, so just imagine they're as lovely as Franklin Habit's photos.

First, I've got a pair of kilt hose on the needles.  They've progressed a bit since this photo, but not by nearly as much as I'd like.  The pattern is mostly from my head, with input from several toe-up sock calculators and books of kilt hose patterns.  I'll try to share these again once they look a little more like socks.


I'm also spinning some hand-dyed Targhee pencil roving from Crown Mountain Fibers.  Targhee sheep were developed right here in Idaho (and named for Targhee National Forest) at the U.S. Sheep Experiment Station in eastern Idaho.  The fleece is very soft and a nice length, and they are raised for meat too.  I don't have a lot so far, but it spins quickly since it was so well-prepared.


Finally, I'm also combing some fleece by hand for the Knitmore Girls SPAKAL, we are spinning and knitting an entire sweater.  I have to confess that this is going very slowly for me, hand-combing takes a long time.  The combs, which I think are just lovely, were made by my talented husband.


Check out all the good stuff going on at the Idaho Etsy Team and link to your blog by clicking below:


Idaho Etsy Team

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!