Summer Project Planning

This summer brings together two very popular events in the fiber/crafting world. The Tour de Fleece runs June 30th through July 22nd. This is an event where spinners spin along with the Tour de France, spinning on cycling days and resting on rest days. Spinners typically set themselves a challenging goal and try to "win" by meeting their goal by the end of the tour.

 My goal is a simple one, to spin an hour a day every day of the Tour. Ideally I will have hand-combed all the fleece for the SPAKAL (spin and knit along) sweater that I am doing with the Knitmore Girls Podcast and I will spin that for the Tour, but in case I don't have it all done I will spin whatever I can for an hour a day. I have lots of stashed fiber to choose from.

The second big event comes not long after the Tour, it's the Ravelympics! During this event knitters cast on a project during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics (July 27th) and try to finish it by the closing ceremonies (August 12th). Again, I have a hopefully goal and a backup goal. Hopefully I will be all done spinning for the SPAKAL and I will be able to knit the Eadon sweater for my project. However, if I'm not done with the spinning I will be doing the Shipwreck Shawl. I don't have a lot of money to splurge on supplies, and a friend gave me an entire bag of fingering weight teal mohair that will be lovely for that project, so all I'll need to get are beads. Either way it's a massive amount of knitting to do over a relatively short period, especially when you consider that I will be traveling for a week of that time to participate in a dance workshop that will probably take up a good chunk of my time and energy.

So, hopefully it will be a productive 6 weeks for me. What are your plans?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!