Coming up for Air

 I've been absent for a while now.  I haven't felt like saying much of anything. I've had a lot of personal challenges, but I'm trying very hard to come out the other side of them, so it's time for an update.  Here's what's in the works.

  1. Vacillate shawl is done! It needs to be blocked and photographed, but I used nearly every scrap of that yarn and the product is lovely and soft.
  2. I decided to frog the Someday Baby Blanket.  I'm just not in love with it any more.  I may even get rid of the yarn.  I feel the need for a purge.
  3. Lizard ridge socks are done and were well-received.  See?

  4. The Scrappy Stripes socks are done too.  I enjoyed this pattern a lot and foresee myself knitting it again.

  5. Best yet, the Argyle kilt hose are also done.  I was reminded of how much of a pain argyle is.  I'll get a decent finished pic before I send them to the recipient, but here's a progress shot from when I was getting close.

  6. The Scatterby socks are also frogged.  The pattern didn't have enough give with the slipped stitches.  It needs to be a larger size, zero ease instead of negative ease.  That yarn also probably isn't the best choice.
  7. The alpaca is coming along slowly, it's hard to find time to sit down at the wheel.
  8. The merino on the goat spindle is in time-out because I can't find the rest of the fiber.  My closet and craft stash are a mess, so I'm hoping it turns up soon.
  9. I started a new spindle project because I needed a mood booster.  This one is a three-ply on my Turkish spindle, aiming for sport weight.  I'm trying a gradient with this 80% targhee, 10% bamboo, 10% silk fiber from Alexandra's Crafts.  The fiber reminds me of the northern lights, bright lime greens, magentas, purples, and aqua blue.  I split the fiber into three bits lengthwise, spinning one ply as-is.  The second ply I took about 1/3 of the pink from the beginning and will spin that at the end after the green.  The third ply I took about 2/3 of the pink off and will do the same thing.  This should give some cool barber pole effects and gradual color shifts.  I think this might be a cowl or infinity scarf, but we'll see.

  10. I started some Vanilla Bean socks with a mystery yarn in colors that remind me of berry pie.  I suspect it's regia.  I'm doing these toe-up with heel flaps and gussets, and calf increases until the yarn's almost gone.  I'm enjoying them so far, it's an easy pattern that's satisfying to work through.
In other news, I'll be teaching at the Fall Fiber Symposium in Montour, ID in September.  Last year I taught and attended classes and had fun.  This year I'll be teaching a class on custom socks in a variety of techniques, based on my pattern calculators and experience with the art.  Spots are filling up, but you can sign up here if you're interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth