I have a FO, must be time to update

Somehow November showed up before I could even process October, but here we are.  I've been very faithful to a small number of projects recently.  Due to a water/mold situation in my craft room and laundry room (where all my extra craft stuff lived) everything is packed up while we wait for restoration to happen.  I do have a few fun things to share though.

  1. I still pick up the Vacillate shawl pretty steadily.  It's going well.  It's easier than I'd usually choose for a project that large, but I'm beginning to appreciate the less high-concentration projects.
  2. The Boyfriend socks are done!  The photo doesn't really do the colors of the yarn justice.  I could have made the feet slightly shorter, but not enough to redo them.  I added calf shaping and made the socks as tall as possible.  I like long socks and there's something satisfying about using up every bit of the yarn.
  3. I made a second Jacobite bonnet for my customer in Canada, the first wasn't quite to his specifications, but he decided to keep it and order another to be more like what he wanted.  That one's in the mail and I'm waiting to hear from him when he gets it;
  4. I'm done with the second of three plies of my green wool spinning project on my goat spindle.  I'm enjoying it, wish I had more time to spin.
  5. The class I taught at the symposium in September went really well.  I also took a nalbinding class and learned the Oslo stitch.  I started a hat for myself that's going okay.  I had several restarts for technical issues, but this is a learning project and I'm enjoying it.  I'm so grateful to my friend Harmony who was finally able to teach me in a way that made sense.
  6. The weather has turned cold here and I don't have enough handknit socks to wear them all the time.  I started getting rid of pairs that had been darned too many times, or had gotten stained/faded.  I suppose if I was more thrifty I could keep repairing and re-dyeing them, but in the meantime a pair of Swirl Socks, which are mostly stockinette, with garter stitch toes/heels in contrasting yarn, are going very quickly.  I plan to keep diligently working on socks for myself until I have a week's worth.  I think right now I have four pairs, which is just sad, especially considering how much yarn I have.
  7. The holidays are fast approaching.  I like to give handmade gifts, but I don't like the pressure, so I really don't know if it'll happen, and I'm giving myself permission to not feel guilty about it.
What are you working on?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!