Equinox Arts

 It's been a long time since I've sat down to write here.  I've felt swamped at work, I've felt swamped at home.  I've felt obligated to work on things that didn't bring me joy.  I made little progress and got sick of saying so.  But I'm shaking the dust off today with a few updates.  Hopefully it'll help my momentum continue.  Here's how my art has been going lately.

  1. UGH - I finished all the knitting on the Miss BB cardigan, and was heartbroken to realize that the sleeves are too small.  The project has been in time out for a while before I decide if I rip out and reknit the sleeves, which would be faster but I'm already knitting the largest size (hello body dysmorphia), rip out and reknit the whole thing (because at one time I really liked this pattern) or rip out and find another use for the yarn, either a more size-inclusive pattern or something I customize myself.  I've had little experience with sweaters and I've never made one I actually loved, so for now it's in serious time out.
  2. UGH - The blue/gray/white spinning project on the turkish spindle is in time out because the cop is getting too heavy for the fineness of yarn and I didn't split up the fiber right anyway and I'm generally just pissed at it.  It may just go in the garbage.  It was originally sock yarn for the ex anyway.
  3. FO - The Rye Light socks are done and delivered.  Woo.
  4. WIP - I started a new spinning project on the goat spindle.  It's that green corriedale I dyed a million years ago.  I'll be doing a traditional three-ply this time, I wasn't in love with the chain ply.
  5. WIP - I have taken a little time to spin my baby alpaca project on my spinning wheel.  The cats want to help, which is challenging, but I feel like my hand-combing skills have gotten better, so the spinning is more pleasant.  I really want a new set of viking combs though.
  6. FO - I finally delivered the Eleanora de Toledo stockings to their recipient the other day.  I hope I get a picture from her soon.
  7. WIP - I'm working on some purple and gold whipcord braid for SCA award medallions.  I need to make better bobbins for that, they're the worst part.
  8. WIP - The Bayou Giles wavy socks are still my go-to for work desk knitting.  The first sock is almost done.
  9. WIP - I cast on the Vacillate shawl for myself a while ago, using some deep stash yarn, one in a tonal silver gray and the other a blue/green/gray with sparkle.  The stitch pattern is pretty easy to pick up and it's really looking pretty.  I've mostly been working on this one during gaming nights/brunches, which works well and keeps me from getting too bored of the size of the thing.
  10. WIP - I've made executive decisions on a lot of my WIPs.  Those to frog include: Windswept, the ancient socks for the ex, the ten stitch baby blanket, the Aidez sweater, the Able cable sweater, and the Kelley's Ski sweater.  I will reevaluate the phone addict mittens, kilt hose, and Outlander shawl, but they may be frogged too.  I haven't missed them or thought about them in nearly a year, I don't need that on my mind.
  11. WIP - And finally, I was having a really hard evening yesterday, and I'm running low on handknit socks with many of the pairs I have starting to look decidedly ratty, so I cast on the Boyfriend Socks from a long-ago issue of Knitty.  The yarn is a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Blueberry Hill.  I'm doing them two at a time, and I got  most of the toes done last night.  The yarn is pretty, hopefully the tonal color won't be too busy for the cable pattern.
I don't have any FO/WIP photos for today, so here's a selfie from the medieval reenactment event I went to the other day, you  may recognize the dress as one I made and shared a few progress pics of last summer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!