Where the River Meets the Sea

 Life has been full and busy lately.  I earned a promotion at work but that means I've been absolutely swamped with that stuff.  Life at home has been challenging too, and I've been doing a lot of work on myself.  All that is to say it's been hard to make myself sit down and write with all that going on.  I have done a bit of knitting though, so here's a brief overview.

  1. I'm working on the shoulder shaping for the sleeves (which I'm doing two at-a-time) on the Miss BB cardigan, which means I'm closing in on the end!  I'm going to have a lot of that handspun yarn left over when I finish the sweater, so I'll have to decide what to do with that.  Maybe sell it or make it into gifts.
  2. I've been working on my blue/gray/white spinning project on the Turkish spindle.  I don't know what that wants to become, but I'm enjoying it.
  3. I did decide to go ahead and toss the already spun portion of the red and gray spinning project.  I just wasn't feeling it.  It wasn't bringing me joy.
  4. The Taylor shawl is finished and blocked and it's lovely, but not photographed yet.  I have some of that yarn left over too, I think I'll save it for colorwork mittens for me.
  5. I'm done with the first Rye Light sock (picture below) and the second is about halfway done, I'm working on the heel flap.
  6. The Giles Wavy socks are going well, I'm about 2/3 done with the first one.  I really need more hand-knit socks, so that'll definitely be on the docket for 2023.
  7. And lastly, I've been working on photographing and logging my stash on Ravelry and listing anything as sale/trade that I'm not absolutely in love with.  I haven't gotten rid of much, but it's a nice way to pay it forward, get a bit of extra cash, and get more aware of what I have so I know what to do with it when things are cleared out enough to start more new things.
How's your crafting going?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!