How is it almost August?

 Well, the summer is flying by.  I haven't had as much time to craft lately.  Real life stuff is getting in the way of my hobbies, but I do have a few progress updates.

  1. The Hue Shift Afghan is stalled again.  I started working on that last bit of section three, but ran out of one of the yarn colors with only a square and a half to go.  This necessitated a dig through the project bag where I've been tossing all the ball bands since I started the project lo these many years ago.  There seemed to be two labels for the two different shades of yellow, but I had no idea which one was the darker one I have enough of and which the lighter one I used up.  Looking on the website made it hard to tell which was lighter too, but I think I figured it out, and of course had to buy some clearance sock yarn while I was at it.  Let's not talk about how much is already in my stash.
  2. I started the afterthought heel on the Lizard Ridge socks.  I have a high instep so I always worry there won't be enough room for my foot in there, but I guess if I have to rip it out, I can do that.
  3. I am down (up) to the cuff on the second New Year's sock and have about six rounds to go.  I expect to finish that one this weekend.  It'll be great to cross a project off my list!
For now, here's a photo of an SCA garb project in progress for my investiture next month.  Eek.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!