FO Friday #3

I have been on a major finishing kick lately. I'm not sure why, but suddenly the sight of my big bin of unfinished objects (UFOs) is driving me batty.  Every time I finish something lately, I go to the UFO bin, and pull something out.  Half the projects I pull out have been frogged or even thrown away because I don't like them or the yarn any more.  Most of them wound up abandoned in the UFO bin for that reason in the first place.  The other projects, though, have been getting quickly finished up.  It is so satisfying!

One of the ones I resurrected and finished is Cookie A.'s Wedge sock pattern from her book Knit. Sock. Love.  The yarn I used isn't anything classy or pricy, it's just Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight that I bought on sale at Joann's.  The colors are pretty and it's actually very soft.  The yarn is 50% merino, 25% bamboo, and 25% nylon.  The bamboo gives it a nice shine, and I'll report back on how it wears.  The yarn is on the fine side of the spectrum, so I did the 72 stitch version of the pattern, but I probably could have gone up maybe 4 more stitches since I also knit it on size 0 needles.  I had never done a short row heel or toe before I tried this pattern, and the fact that it's in garter stitch means that it's cushy and soft, and also that you don't have to pick up your wraps when you wrap and turn.  I really like the look of the wedges of color in a self-striping yarn.  I actually started these back in January and did the first sock in a day while doing an all-day Lord of the Rings marathon with friends.  The second sock was 75% done when I pulled these out of the bin.  Heaven only knows why I decided to quit so close to being finished.




What are you finishing lately?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!