Proof of life

 Goodness, somehow 2.5 months have flown by since I updated this blog.  I've been really busy with work and SCA activities and just kept thinking I'd come back to this when I had more bandwidth.  Oops.  I haven't come very far on my quest to wrap up some WIPs, but here's an update.

  1. The Hue Shift Afghan remains in time out.  After looking at the pattern more closely I realized I'd done not one, but two sections backwards.  I should have left the backwards sections intact and ripped out the correct one.  Sigh.  I haven't had the heart to do any more ripping, so it's still marinating and thinking about what it's done.
  2. The Lizard Ridge socks are done.  They're shorter than I tend to make socks because I wasn't sure how I'd work calf shaping into the short row pattern. The fit is good and I have lots of yarn left, so I'm planning to make a pair of socks for my daughter with what's left. Picture is below.
  3. The Miss BB sweater is going slowly.  I received a promotion at work so I've been avoiding knitting between work tasks unless I actually have spare time.  I'd really like to get it finalized so I can wear it, so we'll see.
  4. The spinning wheel hasn't gotten much attention, though I have had one or two spinning sessions.  I reached 1000 followers on Instagram somehow, so I took the opportunity of going live to spin and chat at my phone, which felt very weird.  I only had a few people come in, but I'll probably do it again sometime.
  5. I've worked on the green chain-ply spindle project once or twice too.  No idea what will happen with that yarn.
  6. The Eleanora socks are all done!  I need to block them and get a photo, but I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.  I'm planning to enter them in our SCA kingdom arts competition next spring if I can get some other pieces done to go with.
  7. I have started a couple of things because I just couldn't bear to deal with either digging out my other WIPS or figuring out where to go next with them.  I'm almost done with a Quynn hat for my nephew out of some stash yarn.
  8. I also started a Taylor shawl out of some purple handspun I made.  I'm enjoying the pattern.  I had originally thought I'd keep this, but I think I'll give it to my Hanukkah gift swap partner, who will definitely appreciate it.  If I have leftover yarn I'll add some coordinating mitts.  That's been my office knitting so it hasn't been going as quickly as I like, but I have time still.
  9. I started a pair of Rye Light socks for a friend that didn't make it into ravelry somehow. 
What are you working on for the holidays?  What WIPs have you finished?

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!