At least we have a FO!

 Well, we're into August and I've been hard at work on SCA garb and trying to keep my head above water with life and work.  Here are a few project updates from the last couple of weeks.

  1. I have been working on the Hue Shift Afghan again after my ball of yarn arrived to finish off the last square of the third section.  I also started unraveling the incorrect first section, so I'll probably do that one before I start on section four.  This project feels like a black hole right now.
  2. I'm on to the second of the Lizard Ridge socks after finishing the afterthought heel on the first.  I'm now almost to the point where I'll put in the contrast yarn for the heel on the second sock.  This pattern goes quickly for some reason.  Those short rows are fun.
  3. The New Year's Socks are done!  They still need ends woven in because my knitting tool kit is currently hiding, and it has all my darning needles in it.  It's too hot for socks right now anyway.
  4. I've worked some more on the sleeves for the Miss BB sweater.  I've only had to drop back and redo two mis-crossed cables so far, which is pretty good for my inattentive brain.
  5. I've made a little time to spin on my spinning wheel.  That baby alpaca I'm working through is so wonderfully soft.  It makes me feel better about the enormous quantity I have to spin.
  6. I've continued working on the green chain-ply on the fly project on my sheep spindle.
  7. I did some whipcording for an SCA project, and the video I took went viral (at least for me) on tiktok, it now has over 31k views.  I have been making a few fiber art-related videos there because I've had requests from folks interested in seeing more.  It's been a fun diversion.
What are you working on these days?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!