Alive and WIP-ing!

One of the New Year's Socks in progress, my office/desk WIP
 

I've been thinking about coming back to this blog for a long time, and I've decided it's finally time to do so.  Maybe it's because I'm not at all interested in working right now thanks to anxiety, sleep deprivation, allergies, and stress.  I'll try to make this quick.

I've set myself a task for 2022 and I want to document it a bit more formally.  After not being able to find a pair of size 6 needles (my most commonly-used size, I have a zillion pairs), I realized I have too many UFOs in my life and I need to finish them, so other than paid commissions, I decided that I will not start any new projects in 2022.  I'm sure I won't stick to that, but the mindset of clearing out my Area 51 (you know, where the UFOs live) is freeing.  I've also given myself permission to frog any projects that are no longer inspiring me, or are the wrong size or somehow otherwise no longer satisfying.  I'm going to start by listing my projects in progress.  This is everything that's in my Ravelry projects.  I'll add more as I find them (becaus I know there are more) and start trying to give more regular updates on how it's going.

  1. Windswept sweater, started 11/1/13 - will probably need to frog and reknit in a more current size.
  2. Temperance socks, started 4/7/22 (I told you I wasn't good at sticking to my own rules) - these will be easy once I get to them.
  3. Miss BB sweater, started 4/2/21 - I've been actively working on this one.  It's made out of some handspun merino I bought from the shearer, had processed at a mill, and gradually spun into a lovely woolen yarn.
  4. My phone addict mittens, started 12/6/18.  These are open palm thrummed mittens that I also added an opening in the thumb too,  These will be lovely once I get them done, and I'll probably do a matching hat or scarf with the rest of the yarn.
  5. Hue Shift afghan, started 6/9/15 - I've been regularly working on this one too, it's about 75% finished and has been fun all the way along.
  6. Kilt hose for my now ex, started in 2013 - I need to talk to him about if he'd be interested in me finishing these.  Otherwise I'll frog them and use the yarn for something else.
  7. Ancient socks for the ex, started 5/13/11 - Same as above.
  8. Ten stitch baby blanket started 12/23/10 - I started this for a friend who had a baby on the way, and that kid is now almost a teenager.  Not sure about this one.
  9. Aidez sweater, started 3/18/2017 - This yarn was a gift from my sister in law when I completed my master's degree.  I'm not sure about the pattern or sizing.  I guess we'll see.
  10. Able Cable sweater for the ex, started 10/15/15 - I handspun the yarn for this too.  The pattern was awful.  I think I'll frog this one and make something for myself.
  11. Eleanora de Toledo stockings for a friend started 6/5/20 - These ones need to be moved into active work as soon as I get bandwidth.  They're a huge project that is going to be epic.
  12. Kelley's Ski Sweater for me, started 2/22/15 - Needs to be frogged because it's now the wrong size, but I'll probably start over.  This is a neat pattern.
  13. Outlander Shawl started 8/13/14 - not sure if I'll rip this one or keep going.  I like the pattern but may change yarns.
  14. New Year's socks started 12/31/21 - I'm actively working on these, they'll probably be done soon.
  15. Blue/Purple Nube on the Turkish spindle
  16. Blue/Gray/White on the other Turkish spindle
  17. Alpaca project on the spinning wheel
  18. Medieval spinning on the hand spindle
  19. Red and gray on the sheep spindle
  20. Card weaving project on the easy weaver

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Pattern - Gulls and Garter Washcloth

Free Ribbed Beanie Pattern

Jacobite Bonnets!